24 Hour Comics
Every year on the first Saturday of October, I do a 24 hour comic. Here's a list of my 24 hour comics from over the years with links to read them where available. A lot of these are lost.
- Formula 2009
- Lost. This was drawn on paper and I put the originals in the mail. I didn't own a scanner back then. I don't know if they ever made it to their original destination or not.
- Formula was a comic about remeran alchemists trying to make potions to try to make a vaccine against earlier potions. The idea is that people would make poisons to attack enemies with by throwing water imbued with harmful magic onto enemies, but then that water would get picked up by the sky and rained, and now everytime it rains people get sick from minute amounts of that magic water. Basically, homeopathy but it actually works, oh no! I finished this but the art was garbage near the end because my hand started shaking. Practically illegible. I'll probably remake this comic some time in a less stressful format because the concept was interesting enough.
- Monster 2010
- Follow the lifecycle of a monster that lived longer than intended!
- Has a sister story in the form of a quest thread. The thread didn't last very long but you might like it. I just up and quit for no reason. ????
- Talented 2011
- Lost. Simply don't have it anymore and it's gone. Might redo it??? Who cares. If I redo it, I'll remove the spoilers here.
- Shiné tries to figure out what she's good at in a world that doesn't need saving anymore, in a world where she can't legally practice white magic. She goes on a camping trip with Shædo and Heather where they all come to realize they're in the same boat as Shiné. Shædo can no longer teach martial arts and Heather isn't good at Tennis anymore after undergoing MEDS. Eventually Alex explains how the law really works and shows Shiné that she can still do white magic, she'll just have to reinvent the wheel in order to do so. Shiné likes this answer and vows to do so.
- Timestamps 2012
- Also lost. I didn't do a very good job at keeping track of things back then.
- This was a comic about CID having trouble processing the stream of information that was constantly coming in as he tried to increase the rate of input to match his constantly increasing processing speed. It was complicated and it didn't make any dang sense and I didn't even finish it. I got super stressed out around the 14th page and ended up calling it quits.
- Roost 2013
- Unfinished. Fell asleep at my desk.
- Fireball, the world's greatest cockfighting rooster, believes himself to be a servant of the gods. He dreams of Valhalla where he would go would he die in battle. The comic is unfinished but the idea was that he would be taken by animal rights groups/the police/animal control or whatever, and then it would come to light that he's too aggressive to be socialized into a nice environment so he must be put down. In his last moments he dreams of Valhalla's doors closing to him because he'll never die in battle.
- Program 2014
- Half finished but reached a decent stopping point.
- Computerized internet-of-things devices around the world all achieve sentience at the same time due to a programming error and the world is incredibly fine with it. Everyone believes their device is unique. The original ending idea involved a software update that would fix the bug, and the entire world together kept clicking "later" on, every 15 minutes, trying to keep their sentient life alive as the AI inside their microwave oven begged them to not let the update destroy them, but instead, since I fell asleep at my desk, but the ending it has is fine. It's adorable.
- Empathy 2015
- Shædo learns to control her emotions as a child.
- Hourly Comics 2015
- More for fun than anything else. Not done on October 1st.
- Hybrid 2016
- Unfinished. Fell asleep and got discouraged.
- A comic about baby Mika. I don't wanna spoil too much because I plan on telling this story eventually with a bit more conviction than the others.
As it turns out, 24 hour comics are really stressfull and I didn't do one in 2017, nor any past that. Maybe some day I'll do another.